Re: Revamp cygwin.com project page?

Reini Urban schrieb:
2009/12/26 Kristopher Ives:
Thanks. I can modify the colors and the logo idea was just to see what
people thought. The design was very short work and was my attempt at
giving back to the Cygwin project. I was needing feedback and wanted
to know if this was a possibility.

I also dislike the color (brown?) and new logo, but the layout could
definitely need
a refresh.
But please no MS-like light blue as the new postgresql page.
And please, no MS-like boring fonts either.

Christopher Faylor had written:
Thanks for the offer but I don't like the color scheme or the
newly-invented logo.  There also isn't enough to go on in this page to
really decide if it's worth changing especially since I can't look at
the html and so, don't know how hard it would be to maintain -
especially since that look and feel would have to be propagated to all
the other cygwin pages.
I've set up a sample at http://towo.net/cygwin/cygwin.html to demonstrate that a lot can be tuned with minimal modification of the actual HTML page (just one line, the reference to the style sheet).
So the modified navigation area is completely style-sheet-driven only.

By the way, wasn't the discussion going towards the fancy new hippo icon to replace the edgy C?
Actually I had the idea to modify the hippo slightly to carve a letter C along the shape of its bottom...
Maybe someone with more experience in graphics tools could give it a try......

Thomas