Re: 1.7.1: Does 'chere' work with Vista 64b? Can't tell by me.

Dave wrote:
Lee D. Rothstein wrote:
Dave wrote:

 > Check HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Shell\cygwin_bash. It's value should
 > be the context menu item text, "Mintty Bash"

Value was null.

 > It should have one subkey, command, whose value is the command to run
 > "c:\_0\bin\mintty ...".

Value was null.

Either registry virtualisation, or redirection is interfering.

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb530198.aspx>
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724072%28VS.85%29.aspx>

My guess is the latter. This is consistent with Larrys' report of chere
working on 64 bit Windows 7, as Microsoft states HKLM/SOFTWARE/Classes
is shared on W7 and redirected+reflected on vista, server 2003, server
2008, xp. <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384253%28VS.85%29.aspx>

I'm not on windows right now, but does regtool have the ability to
control redirection/reflection or whether it writes to the 32/64 bit
version of the key? That's what chere would need to operate correctly.
Otherwise it needs to resort to outputting a .reg file and installing it.

I doubt that you're asking me, but if you are: I can barely parse your question, much less answer meaningfully.
Did you include the '-e /bin/xhere /bin/bash "%L"'? That's the bit that
selects the folder.

No, I hadn't but I have since and lo' and behold, it works. Thanks.

Chere still broken, although now I personally don't need it.