RE: Cygwin 1.7.1 sprintf() with format string having 8th bit set

Hello,

Thank you Andy for your help. As per your suggestion, the problem was
resolved by adding the line:

    setlocale (LC_CTYPE, "C.ASCII");

My actual code was something like:

    #define CSI_ "\233"
    sprintf (..., CSI_"%d;%dH", row, col);

So my problem is fixed.

But as a matter of general interest, there are still some oddities:

1) In my bad test, I already had my LOCALE set to C.ASCII:

   env | grep LC
   LC_ALL=C.ASCII

I'm using tcsh(1), if this matters. And this setting generates a nuisance
message "locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C" whenever I start
nedit. And $LANG is ASCII, if this matters.

2) The call setlocale (LC_CTYPE, "C") did not work, although it returns its
second argument.

3) The call setlocale (LC_CTYPE, "POSIX") also did not work. It happens to
return "C".

The above behaviour seems to disagree with the man page.

Thank you again for your very prompt help.

Regards, Joe Quinsey