Re: Bug printing string where the 128th char is multibyte

Eduardo D'Avila <erdavila <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I've found a bug that happens when the 128th (index 127 on a 0-based
> string) char of a string is a multibyte char. When I print such
> string, only the multibyte char and the chars after it are displayed.

What you've found is a bug in your own program, at lesat for the BUG.c version
of your report.

Try 'printf ("%s",str)' rather than 'printf (str)' to see the difference.  And
why 128 bytes into the string?  That's the cutoff of where gcc optimizes a
printf without % into a puts.

--
Eric Blake