Re: Cygwin 1.7.1 install halting on Windows 7

On 01/04/2010 06:55 PM, Durwin wrote:
On 01/04/2010 05:58 PM, Durwin wrote:
On 01/04/2010 05:00 PM, Durwin wrote:
Thank you.  I meant to check log before last post.  The log says the post
install scripts are failing.  The error says script.sh failed, but the
names in /etc/postinstall have *.sh.done on them.  Can they be manually
run some how?

Sure. 'cd' to '/etc/postinstall', pick your favorite failing postinstall script, and invoke it (./script.sh.done). That should tell you something about the failure (or lack thereof :-/ )

Can't run the scripts.  I can't open a bash shell to run them.  I am
still working from a DOS command line.  Is there any other way to invoke
them?

You need a Cygwin shell and 'bash' is by far the preferable one. Still, you could try 'c:\cygwin\bin\sh.exe'.

What's reported when you try to run 'c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe'?

I have tried to open a bash shell.  I've tried 'bash --login -i' as in
the bat file.  All I get is another DOS command prompt.  Thinking mabe
that did it, I tried several of cygwin commands like 'ls', 'pwd', and
'env'.  I get no output and another DOS commad prompt.

And is 'c:\cygwin\bin' in your PATH when working from the DOS command prompt? If not, add it.

The check for missing programs indicated all were found.

It would be helpful if we could see some of these details. A read of <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> would probably help you understand what the list needs to see to try to help without us having to assume too much about what you're doing and what your environment is.

Holliston, MA 01746

A: Yes.