Re: 1.7.1: problem with public key authentication on domain accounts

On 01/06/2010 07:35 AM, Andrew Ng wrote:
I've also been seeing problems with sshd (and inetd) since upgrading to 1.7.1.
From my investigations it does look to be something to do with launching via
cygrunsrv. If I manually start sshd then everything seems to work fine.

While this is an interesting data point, I want to reiterate that starting 'sshd' in
this way is unsupported by this list, which means if you have problems in the
future with 'sshd', reports sent to this list about them are likely to fall on
"deaf ears". The configuration of 'sshd' under Cygwin is involved, which is why
the process is automated by configuration scripts. No one is forced to use
these scripts but those that don't understand the complexities behind them
shouldn't be ignoring them. So please, do not take the report above as
advice about how 'sshd' should be run under Cygwin. If you do, you do so
at your own peril.

Holliston, MA 01746