Re: Cygwin 1.7.1-1: problem with pipe to windows programs

KJ <kjathome <at> gmx.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> within a cygwin shell I used to pipe some data into a windows program
> (sqlcmd.exe) which used to work pretty well. Since upgrading to version
> 1.7 I get the following error:
> $ echo "select @@version" | sqlcmd
> Sqlcmd: Error: Internal error at ReadTextLine (Reason: Unbekannter Fehler).
>
> Is there any option to get the pipe working again?
>
> Thanks
> KJ

Any update on this?  I am having the same problem, and have had to go back to
Cygwin 1.5.

A very simple command like this does not work:

echo "select * from mytable" | unix2dos | sqlcmd -S server -U sa -P mypassword
-d myDatabase

As you can see I'm trying to force the data hitting sqlcmd to be in dos mode but
somehow I suspect it is getting put into linux-mode line endings before hitting
sqlcmd.  The error response is "Error: Internal error at ReadTextLine (Reason:
Not Specified)"

This command from an NT command shell works:

echo "select * from mytable" | sqlcmd -S server -U sa -P mypassword -d myDatabase

My mount in /etc/fstab is text, I tried binary, that seems to not help.

any ideas?