Re: Cygwin and raw sockets - Windows XP with SP2 , Vista and later

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010, Karthik Balaguru wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:27 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> > On 01/06/2010 12:21 PM, Karthik Balaguru wrote:
> >> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 10:04 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
>
> It also conveys that winpcap cannot be used from within a cygwin
> environment as it depends on the MSVCRT.dll which, innately conflicts
> with the cygwin1.dll

Cannot is too strong a conclusion.  Yes, there is a potential for
conflicts, but if expert care is taken, they generally do not manifest
themselves.  FWIW, we have been using such careful integration of Cygwin
and Winpcap successfully for many years.  YMMV.

--
Brian Ford
Staff Realtime Software Engineer