Re: Cygwin 1.7.1-1: problem with pipe to windows programs

2010/1/6 RH:
> KJ writes:
>> within a cygwin shell I used to pipe some data into a windows program
>> (sqlcmd.exe) which used to work pretty well. Since upgrading to version
>> 1.7 I get the following error:
>> $ echo "select @@version" | sqlcmd
>> Sqlcmd: Error: Internal error at ReadTextLine (Reason: Unbekannter Fehler).
>>
>> Is there any option to get the pipe working again?
>>

> Any update on this? ÂI am having the same problem, and have had to go back to
> Cygwin 1.5.

What about "Sqlcmd: Error: Internal error" don't you understand? It's
a bug in a proprietary tool that's part of a rather expensive software
package, so most people here won't even be able to reproduce it never
mind debug it. Also, piping commands into other native tools such as
cmd.exe or python is working fine.

One item in the what's new section at
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ov-new1.7.html that looks like it
might have something to with this is the following. However, it's not
clear at all how such a change in Cygwin would trigger a crash in a
native program.

- Reworked pipe implementation which uses overlapped IO to create
  more reliable interruptible pipes and fifos.

Bottom line: it's a sqlcmd bug. Report it to Microsoft.

Andy