Re: Oddity when working with webdrive mounted network drives

On Jan  7 16:23, Robert Pendell wrote:
> When opening a webdrive mounted network drive it shows all the user
> and groups with question marks (?) and full rw.? Looks like it is
> emulating FAT/FAT32 here but I wanted to be sure.

No, it isn't.  See below.

> The uid and gid are
> obviously wrong here but that is the numeric uid and gid that it
> gives.? Beyond that there are no issues.
>
> The host system is Debian but it is not being done through Samba or
> NFS.? Webdrive is mounting through sshfs.
>
> $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo /cygdrive/w
> Device Type??????? : 7
> Characteristics??? : 10
> Volume Name??????? : <shinji257@dreamhost>
> Serial Number????? : 71466
> Max Filenamelength : 256
> Filesystemname???? : <WebDrive>
> Flags????????????? : f
> ? FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH? : TRUE
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That *should* allow case-sensitivity according to
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#pathnames-casesensitive

> ? FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES?? : TRUE
> ? FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK??????? : TRUE
> ? FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS??????? : TRUE
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And that means that ACLs are available, so the default is to use them.

> $ ls -n /cygdrive/w
> total 44M
> drwxrwxrwx 1 4294967295 4294967295 4.0K 2009-11-04 03:20 Maildir/
  And that means the SIDs of owner and group are not known to Cygwin,
  since they are not present in /etc/passwd and /etc/group.  The permissions
  are taken from what the OS call to fetch the ACL returns.

Corinna

Red Hat