Re: find utils (updatedb) crashes on invalid win symlink

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

I'm not sure, but I think symlinkD's are real directories with a file in them
that points to the target.

Nope. All of the aforementioned Windows objects are reparse points.

Corinna
----
	Ug...As soon as I unmounted the invalid drive and mounted something
valid, the problem went away.  Very weird.  Now it's not coming back.

I just reinstalled Win 7 (for the 4th time, but who's counting!) last weekend, so my problems may have been 'eaten' by my reinstall.

I suppose I could try other ways to break it again, but... honestly, I'm not sure I really want to, given all the hassles I have getting things *not* to break!

	I'm trying out a roaming profile to see if I can keep some of my
settings/personal registry through my next reinstall (at this point I think
it's just a matter of when, not if).

Overall cygwin is probably at least as stable as the OS ;-).

Ok, maybe a bit more. :-)

-l