Re: Strange cygdrive problem

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 18:35:20 +0100, Corinna Vinschen
<corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Jan  5 11:17, Avi Schwartz wrote:
>>
>> I upgraded to the latest cygwin version yesterday and since then I have
>> problem I never encountered before and it may have to do with the
> Netware
>> file system.
>>
>> Here is what mount shows:
>>
>> C:/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,auto)
>> C:/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,auto)
>> C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,auto)
>> C: on /cygdrive/c type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
>> F: on /cygdrive/f type nwfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
>> G: on /cygdrive/g type nwfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
>> M: on /cygdrive/m type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
>> P: on /cygdrive/p type nwfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
>> Y: on /cygdrive/y type nwfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
>> Z: on /cygdrive/z type nwfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
>
> nwfs is not one of the supported filesystem types.  The capabilities of
> several filesystems are tricky to keep under control, given that the
> reported properties are sometimes outright lies.
>
> First of all, to get this fixed in the next Cygwin release, please
> install the csih package via setup, if you don't already have it.  Then
> run the tool
>
>   /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo X:
>
> with X being all of F, G, P, Y, and Z, and paste the output of all
> the commands into your reply.
>
> Second, please run one single `strace -o ls.trace ls /mnt/f' and
> attach the ls.trace file to your reply as well.

$ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo f:/
ZwOpenFile(\??\C:\cygwin\home\Schwar\â\!aâ3a
) failed, c000003a
$ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo g:/
ZwOpenFile(\??\C:\cygwin\home\Schwar\â\!aâ3a
) failed, c000003a
$ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo p:/
ZwOpenFile(\??\C:\cygwin\home\Schwar\â\!aâ3a
) failed, c000003a
$ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo y:/
ZwOpenFile(\??\C:\cygwin\home\Schwar\â\!aâ3a
) failed, c000003a
$ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo z:/
ZwOpenFile(\??\C:\cygwin\home\Schwar\â\!aâ3a
) failed, c000003a

$ strace -o ls.trace ls /cygdrive/f
ls: cannot access /cygdrive/f: Input/Output error

I am attaching the strace output.

Avi