Re: git stopped working with 1.7.1

According to Kevin Layer on 1/8/2010 11:01 AM:
> Has anyone in the cygwin group reproduced this?

Yes, as maintainer of the git package on cygwin, I've seen sporadic
failures of the git protocol, which I have always ended up working around
by switching over to an http protocol.  I'm assuming that it might either
be BLODA or an actual bug in cygwin1.dll regarding handling of socket fds
across forks, but haven't ever been bothered by it enough to try and debug
it, because the workaround of http always works.

Eric Blake             ebb9@byu.net