Re: Tried out cygwin-inst-20100111.tar.bz2

Eric Blake <ebb9 <at> byu.net> writes:

> In other words, tcsetattr should always be used on a struct termios obtained
> from a read-modify-write manner, and never from a memset(0) manner, where the
> use of O_TTY_INIT guarantees (trivially, if it is defined to 0) that any
> extension fields in struct termios that need to be set to a non-zero value
for
> POSIX conformance are set correctly.

By the way, cygwin's extension fields are:

c_line
c_ispeed
c_ospeed

and any bits in the various tcflag_t fields that are set by default but which
represent flags not specified in POSIX (off-hand, I didn't see any, but I
didn't spend too much time looking).

--
Eric Blake