Re: 'screen' does not completely startup

> I have learned one very mystical proceedure.  If I launch the bash
> shortcut which just runs bash --login -i,  then I launch my rxvt
> shortcut,  screen works as it always has for me.  Go figure!.

<scratches head> Environment variables?

I just built a new screen package that uses libncurses10 instead of
libncurses9.  Please try it out and see if it makes a difference.

(1) In setup, make sure that crypt, libgcc1, and libncurses10 are
installed.

(2) Kill any running screen sessions.

(3) Run

wget \
 http://home.comcast.net/~andrex2/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.3-5.tar.bz2
tar -C/ -xf screen-4.0.3-5.tar.bz2

Then run screen and let us know what happens.

Andrew.