Re: various problems resulting from version 1.7.1

On 01/13/2010 11:50 AM, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
 Maybe I missed your reasoning in an earlier message, but why not use
 Cygwin-based Telnet and FTP programs?  You already have Cygwin
 installed, so adding two more packages should not be a problem.
 That way locale and terminal handling would just work without any
 need to try spawning cmd windows from Mintty.

I'm in the same boat.

The telnet in cygwin 1.5 seemed to always come up in line mode, even though
I put " mode character" under the appropriate machine name in my ~/.telnetrc file.

Windows telnet seems to come up in character mode by default, which is what
the embedded hardware remote host needs for proper operation. So, sadly, the
least hassle is to just use Windows telnet in a CMD window.

I haven't installed or tried telnet since upgrading to 1.7, but I'll certainly do
that if anything has changed, or if there's a trick I missed.

-Ken Jackson