permissions on mounted drives

Greetings,

I found a similar message in the archives
(http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2008-06/msg00068.html), but I can't
divine a solution to my problem from it. I have essentially the same
problem: I have mounted some drives from a samba server on my Windows
box. But in cygwin, I get "permission denied" when I try and run
scripts or access some files on the share drives. I know this is a
permissions mapping issue. For instance, my id in cygwin:

$ id -a
uid=1015(yamokosk) gid=513(None)
groups=0(root),544(Administrators),545(Users),513(None)

And when I ssh into basement and use the same command,

[yamokoski@samba-server ~]$ id -a
uid=527(yamokoski) gid=200(XXXXXXX) groups=100(users),200(XXXXXXX),521(R2)

I took a look at the documentation for mkpasswd/mkgroup. But I can't
figure out how these commands can help me fix my problem. I did try
and poke around in the /etc/passwd and manually tried some things but
nothing worked. Or can this be fixed via some different mount options?