Re: 1.7.1 hangs on 000-cygwin-post-install.sh

2010/1/14 David Sherrets:
> I too experienced the same problem.
> The fix for me was this...
>
> I have a newer Dell machine. The hardware encryption API DLL
> (wxvault.dll) interferes with many Cygwin packages.
> This can be fixed stopping this DLL from loading at startup.
> (use Autoruns from Microsoft Sysinternals at
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals)
>
> I can't take credit for this, as it was my co-workers in Sweden who
> found the fix, but I though there are many here who might benefit!

YES!!!!!!! A *BIG* thank you to your Swedish co-worker, and to you for
telling here!

This solved the problem for me as well.

I have a Dell as well, my is almost three years old. That dll was on
the AppInit tab and it was used by docmgr.exe that can be found as
"Document Manager" on the Logon tab. I disabled them both and made a
backup of my cygwin15 installation (including the mount keys in the
registry).

After all of this I restarted my Windows, run the setup and upgraded
to 1.7 without any problem.

Once again a big thank you!

Maybe it is an idea to put this on the BLODA list?

Regards,
Frank