Re: can't umount my /pc filesystem

On 2010-01-17 06:49Z, Paul McFerrin wrote:

> I have an unwanted filesystem (NFS) mounted as /pc that I need to get it
> unmounted ASAP.  Here is the mount output:
[...]
> \\linda\c /pc some_fs binary 0 0

If that's in /etc/fstab, then it's 'nouser' by default,
and not overridable:
  http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

> Whenever I try to umount it, I get the error message:
> .$ umount /pc
> umount: /pc: Operation not permitted

  http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#umount
"Note that you can only remove user mount points."

> It HAS BEEN removed (sometimes) from the mount command but I can still
> do a 'cd' to /pc and see my wife's root drive.  How can I make this
> hard-ass /pc filesystem completely be umounted.

Remove it from /etc/fstab and from any file in /etc/fstab.d/* .

> The /pc never goes away and it always comes up mounted after a reboot.

Perhaps you have a 'mount' command in some script you run at startup?

Consider turning off sharing for '\\linda\c' on the remote machine.