Re: missing setup command line arguments in the FAQ.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:32:43AM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>Dave Korn wrote:
>>G.W.  Haywood wrote:
>>>I think you should seek professional help.
>>
>>Nurse! The screens!
>
>BTW, if you run "setup.exe --help", it will (depending on OS version)
>either display the usage instructions to the screen, or dump them to a
>setup.log file in the directory where you run it.  (As indeed it points
>out at the start of that FAQ entry you linked to.  Which was why cgf
>was hinting that you already had everything you needed to tell...)

Actually, I was suggesting that one could just *try it*.  Obviously the
documentation must be untrustworthy since it was contradictory.  There
was one section which provided a command-line option for unattended
installation and another which implied that there was no option.

The supposition was, apparently, that spurious descriptions of
nonexistent options must have crept into the documentation so the only
real way to figure out what works is to actually run the program.

cgf