Re: units: update, FHS compliance

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 01:36:06PM -0600, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>Given the normal pace of the ITP process, moving *all* of Ports into
>the distro might take years.  :-) But my short-term goal is remove the
>overlaps between the distro and Ports in order to simplify the
>installation procedure for Ports' users, see here for details:

I think we could relax the ITP process if you wanted to do some bulk
moves but I would hate to have anyone have to support so many packages.
Even if I wasn't just concerned about your free time and sanity, I'd
be worried what would happen if you left the project.

However, if you really want to take on the task of doing a bulk move
we should talk about it in cygwin-apps.

cgf