Re: units: update, FHS compliance

On Jan 20 18:11, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> --- Mer 20/1/10, Corinna Vinschen  ha scritto:
> > list of orphaned packages:
> >
> > ? apache2
> > ? boost
> these 2 scare me :-)

Me, too :)

> > ? ping
>
> I will look at this, but it seems a bit tricky...

It just needs a Windows hack for non-Admin users, starting with Windows
XP.  If a user get's a permission denied when trying to open a SOCK_RAW
socket, it should fall back to a Windows-specific routine using the IP
Helper functions IcmpCreateFile/IcmpSendEcho2/IcmpCloseHandle, or the
IPv6 equivalents Icmp6CreateFile/Icmp6SendEcho2/Icmp6CloseHandle.

> > ? plotutils
>
> From http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/
> The current version is 2.4.1, released July 2000.
>
> I should say not very active, is used somewhere ?

I have no idea.

Corinna

Red Hat