Re: ATTN: perl-Tk maintainer RE: perl-Tk is broken

Thrall, Bryan schrieb:
RE: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-07/msg00890.html

Reini Urban wrote:
2009/7/24 Wolfgang Goetz:
http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Tk+804.028_501
ohjeh.. perl 5.8.8 is yellow for cygwin.
there seems to be no interest at all for the moment.

I had some spare time some time ago to fix most of the issues, it compiles now , just the event loop still needs to be reconfigured.

is /usr/bin/widget working for you? ?all examples? the funny thing in my (better: my companies) environment: 'widget' solely throws errors. under debugger control all is fine. This smells like optimization/parameter flaws for me. (mainly the -O3, maybe more)

No, It's just the wrong eventloop configuration. A simple fix, but it needs at least a day to dig through it again and test it. I mailed Slaven to do that, but he also had no time yet.

It sounds like you were on the verge of fixing this problem, but it doesn't look like there's been any progress since that last email (http://search.cpan.org/dist/Tk/ lists the latest release as from November 2008).

Is there a patch or some other workaround for this problem? Because of it, we are having to delay upgrading our application to Cygwin 1.7.

Do you need Win32 native Tk or just x Tk?
My patch was just to support Win32 Tk. I have no time for this in the next month.

x Tk aka the perl-tk package just has to be recompiled against latest perl, cygwin and gcc.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/