RE: ATTN: perl-Tk maintainer RE: perl-Tk is broken

Reini Urban wrote on 2010-01-20:
> Thrall, Bryan schrieb:
>> RE: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2009-07/msg00890.html
>>
>> Reini Urban wrote:

>>> No, It's just the wrong eventloop configuration. A simple fix, but it
>>> needs at least a day to dig through it again and test it. I mailed
>>> Slaven to do that, but he also had no time yet.
>>
>> It sounds like you were on the verge of fixing this problem, but it
> doesn't look like there's been any progress since that last email
> (http://search.cpan.org/dist/Tk/ lists the latest release as from
> November 2008).
>>
>> Is there a patch or some other workaround for this problem? Because
> of it, we are having to delay upgrading our application to Cygwin 1.7.
>
> Do you need Win32 native Tk or just x Tk?
> My patch was just to support Win32 Tk. I have no time for this in the
> next month.
>
> x Tk aka the perl-tk package just has to be recompiled against latest
> perl, cygwin and gcc.

We just need the X Tk, but rebuilding unfortunately does not solve the problem.

I tried the 804.028-1 Cygwin package source and the 804.028_501 source from http://search.cpan.org/dist/Tk with the same results:

$ widget
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/i686-cygwin/Tk/Menu.pm line 1066.
no event type or button # or keysym at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10/i686-cygwin/Tk/Widget.pm line 1105.
 at /usr/bin/widget line 97

My current cygcheck output is attached in case it helps.
--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International