Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [1.7] Updated: dash-0.5.5.1-2; Obsolete: ash

Eric Blake wrote:
The package dash has been upgraded to 0.5.5.1-2 for those using cygwin
1.7, simultaneously replacing dash-0.5.5.1-1 and ash-20040127-4.  The ash
package is now obsolete; ash.exe is provided by the dash package.

I know I'm slow but I just updated to this cygwin change and running into a snag. In our build process, we rely on using DOS file paths and dash seems to NOT support them. It's impractical for me to properly use POSIX paths because of the effort required to convert such a large project (it was ported to Windows in 1996 back when we were using Cygnus B20.1(?)). I tried to go look for ash but couldn't find it anymore. Using bash seems to cause other problems in the build process (and of course it's also dog slow on this complicated project). Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Edward