RE: ATTN: perl-Tk maintainer RE: perl-Tk is broken

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote on 2010-01-20:
> On 20/01/2010 15:39, Reini Urban wrote:
>> Do you need Win32 native Tk or just x Tk?
>> My patch was just to support Win32 Tk. I have no time for this in the
>> next month.
>
> Nor should you need to.  I maintain the perl-Tk package, and we use the
> X11 interface because this is Cygwin, not ActivePerl.
>
>> x Tk aka the perl-tk package just has to be recompiled against latest
>> perl, cygwin and gcc.
>
> I'll admit that I haven't used perl-Tk in a while, but I just tested
> /usr/bin/widget with perl-5.10.1-2 and see nothing wrong.

There must be something wrong with my installation, then; any suggestions how to find out what is going wrong? I barely dabble in perl, so I'm at a bit of a a loss here.

Interestingly, previously widget worked fine when run under the perl debugger, but I tried again today and it now shows the same error inside and outside the debugger.

I also tried reinstalling perl-Tk and perl, with no change.

Thanks,
--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International