Re: units: update, FHS compliance

--- Mer 20/1/10, Corinna Vinschen? ha scritto:

> > > ? ping
> >
> > I will look at this, but it seems a bit tricky...

in reality there was just a typo in the "ancient" predecessor
of cygport used to compile and package it.
It build fine, just need now the change of directory for the
documentation. And eventually a cygport migration.

> It just needs a Windows hack for non-Admin users, starting
> with Windows
> XP.? If a user get's a permission denied when trying
> to open a SOCK_RAW
> socket, it should fall back to a Windows-specific routine
> using the IP
> Helper functions
> IcmpCreateFile/IcmpSendEcho2/IcmpCloseHandle, or the
> IPv6 equivalents
> Icmp6CreateFile/Icmp6SendEcho2/Icmp6CloseHandle.

Basically rewrite ping , a small 700 line C program,
adding an interface to Icmp.dll.

This will need more time ;-)

> > > ? plotutils
> >
> > From http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/
> > The current version is 2.4.1, released July 2000.
> >
> > I should say not very active, is used somewhere ?
>
> I have no idea.
>

> Corinna

Marco