Re: Differentiate workgroup system from domain member under Cygwin

>>On Jan 22 09:31, Christoph Herdeg wrote:
>> Dear Colleagues,
>>
>> I need being able to differentiate a workgroup system from a domain
member
>> in a shellscript under Cygwin - does anybody have an approach for me?

>Look for the mkpasswd uppercase options -C, -L, -D, -S.  They allow
>to generate usernames with machine/domain prefix.  Same for mkgroup.

>Corinna

Hi Corinna,

thanks for the fast reply. But I probably didn't express myself clearly
enough. In need to distinguish a workgroup/single system from a domain
member to know if I have to create a local user (net user bla /add) or not.
This needs to happen before calling mkpasswd/~group and without knowledge
of the current workgroup-/domain-name. Background is that I would like to
start sshd with a domain user, but only if the current machine is member of
a domain. Depending on that difference I need to use mkpasswd/~group with
other parameters (-l vs. -d).

So question is more if there is any place on a windows system, a file or a
directory or an entry in a file that exists only if that machine is a
domain member?

Best Regards,

Christoph Herdeg
Windows Infrastructure Support