Re: Design issue with new MS-DOS style path warning?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Christopher Faylor
<cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 02:17:56PM +0100, Eric Vautier wrote:
> If you are getting warnings then Cygwin is working as designed. ?It is
> telling you that you're doing something that is not guaranteed to work.
> If you want to turn this off then use the CYGWIN environment variable.

I understand that.

>>One of my build files refers to such a property.
>
> And the "property" is?

I'll try and investigate the issue further.

>>I get the DOS file warning at the start of the script, and further
>>down, an error states that C:/cygdrive/c/Users/... ?couldn't be found.
>>I wonder how Cygwin would come to creating such a hybrid path. ?Did
>>anyone else run into this? ?The same script worked perfectly fine
>>before I upgraded to 1.7.
>
> It is likely that Cygwin didn't. ?It's much more likely that it is
> something local to your installation. ?If it wasn't then the mailing
> list would be full of complaints.

Let me confirm that the script has not changed at all, and used to
work fine under the previous version. You'll agree that arriving at a
C:/cygdrive/c/... path is a little odd, regardless of setup. Perhaps a
string is set that way some place, but I doubt it.
-e