Re: Design issue with new MS-DOS style path warning?

On 22/01/2010 17:55, Eric Vautier wrote:
>>  So, you are lumbered with some massive mish-mash of complex build scripts,
>> ANT, java, mixture of cygwin and native executables and god knows what else,
>> and somewhere down in the middle of it something's invoking what it probably
>> expects to be a win32 program and getting the cygwin version, or vice-versa.
>> Ouch.  You're going to have to figure out what's going on way down in the
>> internals and try and extract a simple testcase.
>
> Yes, it's a slightly complicated build script, but it does the job
> properly when invoked manually. It only fails if it is invoked from
> inside a wrapping shell script.

  That shell script presumably does some stuff first before invoking it; maybe
that's where the problem originates.  Also, you're running it from "sh" in
that situation, instead of "bash" as you do from the command-line; that might
be relevant or might not.  ("sh" is an alias for "bash" that invokes it with
slightly-altered behaviour.)

> To sum up: all 5 builds (three maven, two ant) work fine when invoked
> manually from the command-line. The two ant builds fail in the overall
> build invocator (build.sh, but I should probably call it
> build-all.sh), whose sole task is to launch the 5 builds from inside
> their own directories; the three maven builds are fine.
>
> I see no reason why calling that ant build from inside a shell script
> should mess up the paths with C:\cygdrive\c\dev\ prefixes. build.sh
> does have #!/bin/sh at the top. Will investigate a little more.

  Adding "-x" flag to the shebang might help.

>> 	<property name="common" location="${env.APP4_COMMON_ROOT}" />
>> 	<property name="common-jar" value="${common}/target/Common.jar" />

>> APP4_COMMON_ROOT = C:\dev\prj\app4\Common

  Try not using mixed slashes.  Both Cygwin and DOS should be fairly happy with

APP4_COMMON_ROOT = C:/dev/prj/app4/Common

    cheers,
      DaveK