X11 + remote desktop + clipboard = hang

Hi all,

I noticed today that trying to cut and paste between an xterm and a remote desktop session causes the remote desktop to hang with a CPU pegged. I have vague memories of this sort of thing happening before (but with a VNC client causing the problem instead of rdtsc.exe). The fix then was to install Jon Turney's hacked version of xwin.exe [1], but that binary targeted v1.5 and I'm running v1.7 now...

Thoughts?
Ryan

[1] http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2009-02/msg00276.html