Re: units: update, FHS compliance

Marco Atzeri wrote:

I was thinking to take his fltk-X11 package as I need fltk
for octave and the current package don't work at all
for my need as Octave is X11 oriented.

Well, then there are probably good news from FLTK. The current development version (1.3.0) can be configured to work with cygwin/X11 OOTB:

$ ./configure --enable-cygwin --enable-x11

Since this version also supports UTF-8, this might be a
good step for Cygwin 1.7 anyway. But it's not yet released,
and this may take some more time (probably months).

For the latest stable release (1.1.10) a configure patch
to make it work with X11 has been posted by the Cygwin
maintainer (Teun Burgers), but didn't make it into the
final release. He also supplied the configure/X11 patch
for the current development version.

This would probably be easy to maintain in a normal Cygwin
release. But I don't know Teun's plans.

Just my 2 ct.

Albrecht