Re: Best way to backup 1.5 to go to 1.7

Paul McFerrin wrote:
> Leave your 1.5 system alone.  Now crate & download 1.7 into a new node.
> (e.g./cygwinII).  Just make sure everything is separate, include your
> update nodes and create a new "start" icon for 1.7 only.  You might want
> to enforce separate executions of 1.5 & 1.7

Yeah,  I thought about that and even have Charles Wilsons script (if I am
giving credit to the wrong person please all forgive me) that allows you to
change over the services you use from 1.5 to 1.7 and back again but I still
have to dig around and fix config files and copy symlinks (mine) and other
little fixed as I find them.   I was thinking more of an in place upgrade
but with the ability to roll back so the zip file and registry backup is
the most favorable provided I can be sure all gets zipped - I have had
problems in the past with moving with zip files or just plain copies and
broken links or files that were not copied or zipped.

Thanks all for the thoughts - looking forward to updating (sortof) :-)

bk