Re: Why require ps -W and kill -f

On 01/22/2010 06:15 PM, Don Beusee wrote:
I am a unix user that has moved to windows.  I want unix commands on windows
that function like their unix counterparts.  That is supposed to be one of
cygwin's missions, is it not?  Isn't that one of the main reasons people get
cygwin?  What's the point of providing these commands otherwise?

Why the apparent objection to offering the options to the CYGWIN (or some
other) environment variable where users can control the behavior of these
commands globally on their system?  If you won't change the default behavior
because of your religious beliefs, fine, but can you at least allow us to
change the default behavior on our systems that does not involve changing
scripts or typing habits?  Please?

You've been given alternatives that don't require making code changes to Cygwin or any changes in your scripts or typing habits. And you've been ignoring all the very valid arguments against making changes that you suggest. I think it's fair to say that if you're not going to do your homework and process the responses you're getting, then there is no further value to this thread for the rest of us on this list. Please, let's just stop it here.

Holliston, MA 01746