Re: Problem with svn and users over multiple machines

On 01/23/2010 03:42 AM, Gary . wrote:
Clearly, they're different, which is what I mean when I say
"I shouldn't have, I should have done something else instead".

How can I add the user and group to sunflower (the second
machine) and ensure they are identical to those on mimosa,
at least as far as the areas Cygwin is concerned about,
given that they are first added using the Windows util?

If you're on a domain, you wanted a domain user. Then you could ask mkpasswd and mkgroup to add the domain user, which would have the domain user SID. Alternatively, I think you can get away with copying the entries in '/etc/passwd' and '/etc/group' to "sunflower". You'll have to be aware of this if you update these files in the future with 'mkpasswd'/'mkgroup'. I haven't tried doing this so it's possible that this won't work, in which case you're back to the domain option.

Holliston, MA 01746