Re: FLTK versions in Cygwin [was: Re: units: update, FHS compliance]

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 24/01/2010 09:00, Albrecht Schlosser wrote:
$ ./configure --enable-cygwin --enable-x11 --enable-shared

Indeed, this does appear to work OOTB, although --enable-cygwin and --enable-x11 should be the defaults. I shouldn't have to say that I do *not* want to cross-compile (besides that -mno-cygwin is no longer supported).

Well, the defaults are not selected for Cygwin builds, and they are okay for normal Windows GDI builds. But you are right for Cygwin.

I'am aware that -mno-cygwin is no longer supported, but there's
nothing we can do until a working gcc-4 cross compiler exists.
So long we need to use gcc-3 for Windows/GDI builds (or Cygwin).

unfortunately these are in the src/ directory, but that's a minor
issue. Maybe they are not installed correctly, but that can be
fixed.

They are not installed at all by 'make install'.

Yep, that's what I expected, but didn't check (yet). This may well be changed...

Yes, FLTK 2 is an experimental version that stalled, there's
currently no development, and it will probably be dropped completely.

I had been wondering why it's been so many weeks since the last "weekly" snapshot.

Agreed. The current Cygwin version is 1.1.8, the latest stable
release is 1.1.10. Current development is 1.3.0, but as I wrote,
a release is not yet available.

I have added a .cygport for the latest 1.3 snapshot:

http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/x11/fltk/

Wow, that was fast. I don't know cygport, but I can see one small glitch: Fluid is called fluid[.exe] and not fluid2, as in FLTK 2, and the man page is fluid[.man] and not fluid2.

Albrecht