Re: Blitz++ Package

On 2010/01/24 7:07 PM, hughgs wrote:
> I'm interested in using blitz++ in a project that I'm working on.  I'm
> using cygwin as my platform and couldn't find the blitz++ package on
> cygwin.  So, a couple of questions.
>
> First, am I a complete idiot and miss the package and if so can someone
> point me to it?

First check the official package list, here:
http://cygwin.com/packages/

If no luck there, you might try checking the list of currently available
packages at Cygwin Ports:
home page:     http://sourceware.org/cygwinports/
package list:  ftp://sourceware.org/pub/cygwinports/portslist.txt

> Second, if there isn't a current blitz++ package is there any interest in
> one?

Well, it's pretty clear there's at least one person interested! And
there's no harm in putting it out there, even if there isn't much
interest right now. You might end up saving someone some time later on.

> I haven't ever put a package together but I figure that if I need to
> build the library for myself I could at least try and build it for
> everyone else (assuming there's interest).

Good thinking. This page seems to be the bible on packaging for Cygwin:
http://cygwin.com/setup.html .

I've been studying it myself.

Best regards,
-SM