Re: Problems starting sshd as a service on cygwin 1.7.1

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Myron Flickner <flickner@.....> wrote:
> Problem remains - If I repeat the cgyrunsrv -S sshd command eventually it works.
>
> Disabling Symantec Client Firewall didn't fix this.
>
> I've attached the cygcheck.out file. ? ?Is there any other tracing I can do ?
>
> ?imaging away / flick

Hello!
While the experts are sorting out your file, I have one comment and
one or two questions.

First the comment, check the spelling on that one, it isn't "cgyrunsrv
-S sshd", it happens to be "cygrunsrv -S sshd".

And now the questions, How did you originally install the service for
ssh? And what were those steps?

I have followed the majority of the ones listed in the rather well
written Users Guide, and it doesn't want to install.

Incidentally I have obscured the address of the correspondent here,
and am now doing so on other lists that are searchable via the usual
methods.
--
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com