Re: Bug: cygport fails when the working directory pathname contains spaces

On 2010/01/26 8:42 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 26/01/2010 20:09, Steven Monai wrote:
>> $ pwd
>> /home/steve/My Documents/bglibs
>
> This is not a bug in cygport per se.  Spaces in paths is just a bad idea
> when you're dealing with shell scripts and you will find all sorts of
> breakage as a result (as has already been well documented on this list).

Imagine if a program like 'cp' failed because the current working
directory has a pathname that contains spaces. You'd probably agree with
me that 'cp' had a rather serious flaw, wouldn't you?

I stand by my original report. This is a bug. Not a serious show-stopper
by any stretch, but a bug, nonetheless.

When I find the time and motivation, I may try my hand at fixing it
myself. I'll report back with patches if I do.

-SM