flashing console

Hi,

I am playing regularly with cygwin and mingw(w64) on a Windows 7 64 bits
computer and I have noticed something that
I already read on cygwin ML about the creation of a new console when there
is a fork.
So here is the story:

I wanted to compile clang on msys/mingw so I have downloaded latest
package + a better console app (console from SF)
and enter the well known sequence : configure make && make install.
Unfortunately I got a memory error due to linker(something like memory
exhausted) so before I give up
I have donwnloaded sources from mingw-w64 project to generate a gcc-4.3.3
toolchain.
With this new toolchain I was able to compile clang.

However console application was buggy because I couldn't copy/paste so
finally I move back to rxvt and
now when trying to compile with default mingw toolchain a package using
autotools I get this flashing console.
BUT wait when I try with the toolchain from mingw-w64 I don't have it.

So to check this I have opened two rxvt consoles and in one of it I have
added mingw-w64 path to default path
while the other use the mingw gcc.

if I enter gcc --version with mingw toolchain I can see that a console is
opened/close and I get
Vincent@VINCENT-PC ~/tmp/llvm
$ gcc --version
gcc.exe (GCC) 4.4.0

When using mingw-w64(export PATH=/opt/cross_w32/bin:$PATH) no console is
opened
 Vincent@VINCENT-PC ~/tmp/llvm
$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.4.3

So sorry to post on both mailing list but is it normal that one version
opens a console while the other doesn't.
Maybe there is something interesting here, what do you think ?