Re: Windows 7

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Hirokazu Miura
<hiromiura@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I am having problems in installing cygwin on a HP Pavilion 64bits platform.
> Every attempt to install cygwin gets stuck before completion, every time
> at random location. ?I have installed cygwin on various windows XP
> platforms at my work and cygwin is one of the most important system for me.
>
> I have access to internet through ATT DSL service at home.
>
> Do you think my problem is due to Windows 7 or DSL connection to the
> mirror site ?
>
> Do you know if anyone sells a CD/DVD from which I could install cygwin
> directly ?
>
> Hiro Miura

I have cygwin installed on a 64bit windows 7 hp pavilion and its
running just fine.  Ive run the installer several times (to catch
updates, etc) never a problem.

So I don't think thats your problem.

As to your comment about a DVD, not very likely since the setup.exe is
a windows tool and the rest changes fast enough that a printed DVD
would be obsolete before being shipped.

However, you can become a local mirror of cygwin and then tell your
copy of setup to install from a local path rather than an internet
path.

Several people (not me) use this method because they have several
installs of cygwin to update and they are trying to be good
"netizens."

HTH

Rance