Re: "mbox note: Can't open file://L:\ods\rtoy\Cygnus/ for reading: Unrecognisable file format" errors whilst executing setup.exe

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 02:02:44PM -0600, Jeremy Bopp wrote:
>On 1/28/2010 12:20 PM, Heath Kehoe wrote:
>> Anyway, for now I'm going to just comment out the call to note() at
>> install.cc:295 so that my users can do installations without having to
>> dismiss that popup 52 times.
>
>Rather than build your own copy of setup.exe while you wait for this
>defect to be fixed, why not use the --packages option for setup.exe to
>select the set of packages you know you need from the command line?  If
>your users would have difficulty with that, you could write a simple
>batch file to wrap the setup.exe invocation.

OTOH, modifying source code and rolling your own copy is precisely why
Free Software project exists in the first place.  IMO, this is a great
way of dealing with this kind of situation.  I wish more people were
willing to look at source code.

cgf