Re: "mbox note: Can't open file://L:\ods\rtoy\Cygnus/ for reading: Unrecognisable file format" errors whilst executing setup.exe

Jeremy Bopp wrote:

True enough, and hopefully Heath will send along the patches to fix the problem. It just seems in this case that distributing a locally built setup.exe is a bit like hammering a finishing nail with a sledge hammer. Yeah, it works, but it takes far more effort than required to do the job. :-)

-Jeremy

I'm not going to send a patch because I only commented out a line of code (and I said which file and line number it was, so anyone with the source can do the same), and it doesn't fix the root problem: it only suppresses an error message popup. It does make setup.exe usable again in our environment. Since my users run setup.exe from the network drive, all I had to do was drop in the custom one.

I hope my description of what was going on in the code is enough for the maintainers to be able to implement a proper fix.

-h