Re: "mbox note: Can't open file://L:\ods\rtoy\Cygnus/ for reading: Unrecognisable file format" errors whilst executing setup.exe

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:20:56PM -0600, Heath Kehoe wrote:
>These packages wind up in install_q in do_install_thread(); and so get
>passed to Installer::installOne(). As there's no 'install:' field in
>setup.ini, the packagesource 'filename' and 'canonical' members are
>NULL; and the 'cached' member ends up containing 'local_dir' with
>nothing else; hence the mbox message that we see.
>
>I'm not sure why this only seems to manifest when using a network drive
>as the package source (or cache).
>
>Anyway, for now I'm going to just comment out the call to note() at
>install.cc:295 so that my users can do installations without having to
>dismiss that popup 52 times.

Thanks for tracking this down.  It is impressive that you managed to
pinpoint the problem so well.  It helped quite a bit.

There is a new version of setup.exe and setup-legacy.exe on cygwin.com
now.  Please let me know if this fixes the problem you noted.

cgf