Re: Cygwin 1.7.1 breaks git on netapp shared drives

On Jan 28 20:06, Steve Bray wrote:
> So I can proceed by explicitly mounting shared drives with the noacl option.
>
> However, since acl is the default and these are common permissions
> on a shared drive, I suspect that I and others will continue to have
> commands fail.
>
> I hesitate to propose more complication, but could it automatically
> revert to noacl (FAT/FAT32) and ignore ACEs when the user has no
> permission to change them?

No, sorry.  Just because one access on the drive failed, that doesn't
mean it affects the entire drive.  How do you want to figure that out?
That's the task of an admin and leads to maintaining the /etc/fstab
file correctly -> noacl.

Corinna

Red Hat