Re: File format problem after updatin to 1.7.1

On 1/29/2010 8:14 AM, DEWI - N. Zacharias wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i have just updated to 1.7.1 an run in trouble.  During the previous installations there was a switch which sets the used file format Dos/Unix. This switch did not only disappear also the former uses file format (DOS) was set to Unix underhand . The result is that a lot of scripts did not work anymore because they produce  a bunch of lines " bash: $'\r': command not found" instead of the expected output.  I'm not able to filter all the scripts and files to remove the DOS line separator so I have to set the file format correctly.
>
> As far I can see there is no topic in the user manual which covers this issue also nothing in the FAQ.

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

Among other things that section discusses the /etc/fstab file and the
mount options available, two of which are "binary" and "text".  You need
to add entries to your /etc/fstab file for at least the paths which
contain your files, likely /cygdrive/c or something similar, which set
the "text" mount option.  Using your cygdrive as an example:

none /cygdrive cygdrive text,posix=0,user 0 0

-Jeremy