Re: gcc command not found

  Argh.  Bad perms, gah.  Try this:

for x in /etc/postinstall/{gcc.,gcc-[^tm],gcc4-}* ;
do
  . $x
done

  Then check in your bin dir for all the appropriate names and links.

    cheers,
      DaveK

I ran your for loop command and got this:

   bash: /usr/sbin/fix-libtool-scripts-for-latest-gcc-runtimes.sh:
Permission denied

So I changed the perms of the script to chmod 744 and then re-ran the
for loop. It successfuly completed and I now see the appropriate sym
links in /usr/bin.

This makes me wonder if there are other post-install scripts that did
not successfully execute due to incorrect permissions on files. Guess
I'll have to deal with them as they arise.

BTW, what is the best way to backup and reinstall Cygwin? Is there a
FAQ or protocol for this?

Thank you Dave for all your help,

Paul