Re: gcc command not found

On 31/01/2010 17:29, Paul Cantalupo wrote:

> This makes me wonder if there are other post-install scripts that did
> not successfully execute due to incorrect permissions on files. Guess
> I'll have to deal with them as they arise.

  Unlikely; it's a known packaging error in the current GCC.  Guess I'd better
hurry up and roll a respin.

> BTW, what is the best way to backup and reinstall Cygwin? Is there a
> FAQ or protocol for this?

  Not that I know of.  You can back up the actual file tree itself any way you
like, that's just files; saving and restoring the configuration of any cygwin
services you've installed is left as an exercise ...

    cheers,
      DaveK