This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
./configure on cygwin in window platform
- From: J J <nongjamine at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 05:49:10 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: ./configure on cygwin in window platform
Please help me out. I spent for three days but I still could install gcc in window on cygwin.
Problem is I could not install gcc file, (mingw-w64-trunk-snapshot-20091222.tar.bz2), on cygwin in window platform.
I would like to unpack and intall gcc (mingw-w64-trunk-snapshot-20091222.tar.bz2) on cygwin on window platform. I follow instruction posted on http://cygwin.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_install_GCC_4.3.0. The problem I have found out is I could not process the configure step as below. The result shows "No such file or directory"
$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ ../gcc-*/configure --enable-languages=c,c++
$ make install
May it be because of (1) setting srcdir or objdir non-correctly or (2) else ?
What I have done are:
1. Download gcc file and load it into /usr/build. Build subfolder is created by me. --> ( equal to $ mkdir build and $ cd build)
2. Unpack gcc tar.bz2 file (mingw-w64-trunk-snapshot-20091222.tar.bz2) on that location. --> It generates trunk subfolder that contains some subfolder too.
3. $mkdir build and $cd build --> current location is urs/build
4. $ ../trunk/configure --enable-languages=c,c++ --> It does not work. Error = "No such file or directory"
Comparing to what you recommend on http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html ,
To configure GCC:
% mkdir objdir
% cd objdir
% srcdir/configure [options] [target]
You mentions that objdir can not be a subdirectory of srcdir. This is why I tried one more time with the different folder and the same level under usr folder. What I did are:
1. Download gcc (mingw-w64-trunk-snapshot-20091222.tar.bz2) for window platform again into usr/tmp
2. Unpack it in the usr/tmp/. The path result are approximately
3. $cd build --> under usr folder --> current location is usr/build --> build is already created by me on the previous work.
4 command to configure -> $../mingw-w64-trunk-snapshot-20091222.tar.bz2/configure --enable-language=c,c++ --> Show error msg = "No such file or directory"
5. Try $ ../trunk/mingw-w64-trunk-snapshot-20091222.tar.bz2/configure --enable-language=c,c++ --> Show error msg = "No such file or directory".
Please help me out. I don't why I could not and thank you very much,
Ps. I am pretty much new with cygwin and this is my first time.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple