This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Bash completion and symlinks problem
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:18:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: Bash completion and symlinks problem
- References: <8CCC8F85C5F2784387A32FAD835FB4E602DA8EE60B@server03>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Feb 1 12:51, DEWI - N. Zacharias wrote:
> Hi all,
> another problem after updating cgwin . The bash completion don't work for symlinks .
> assume having a /cygdrive/c/bin directory which contains symlinks to scripts in a central directory on our file sever say /cygdrive/x /centraltools/
> /cygdrive/c/bin/dosomething.pl -> /cygdrive/x /centraltools/dosomething.pl
> The strange thing is, old links as well as new ones executed fine. Only they don't appear in the completion.
> Can someone tell me why ??
Work for me. Your symlink points to a script which has no execute
permissions (if "acl" is set on the target mount), or the script doesn't start
with a shebang.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple